4.20.2012



Last weekend at Coachella, I couldn't wait to see Santigold. She happened to be performing on the main stage, in the afternoon, on the hottest and last day of the weekend. The sun was blazing, I was tipsy/still hungover, and on the verge of a sunburn. So, like a rookie-festival-goer, I watched from afar in the shade, and could barely see anything.
Leaving Coachella, the only regret I had was not really seeing Santigold. Lucky for me that she is a total badass and decided to come to L.A. in between Coachella weekends. Last night, she played a FREE show at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA, who is putting on a 17-day festival showing how audio and visual arts compliment one another (April 20th-May 6th).
The show was so fantastic: art, live music, tacos from Kogi, and booze. Everything for free. And, actually being able to see Santigold, up close, was incredible. She put on such a great show, was absolutely beautiful, funny, and yes, I am totally in love with her.

No comments: