6.13.2011

Eccentric Artists' Gardens

Poor me: living in my little studio in an alley, with no yard of my own. I have quite a few indoor plants to make up for my lack of yard, but it's just not the same! I want to sip my prosecco and eat my olives, surrounded by lush greenery. Since that is not the case, I decided to go on a garden tour of the eccentric artists around the little town of Boulder. It was so lovely! These gardens are a true expression of their inhibiter. It was a great way to spend a warm afternoon.








I just love this view: water-stained glass, weathered wood, bright sunlight. This picture was taken, looking out from Rebecca DiDomenico's greenhouse.




I complimented the woman who owned this home on her array of umbrellas. She had four or five of them overlapping one another. I could have sat there in the shade all afternoon. She told me how she used to be sad and hard on herself, because she couldn't afford a gazebo, so she saw the umbrellas as the next best thing. These umbrellas were one of my favorites on the tour. They made her yard so inviting and comfortable.  How refreshing and beautiful to live within your means.
This gate!


No comments: