5.17.2011

Honeysuckle

I grew up in Pasadena, and my good friends up the street had huge honeysuckle bushes lining their driveway. We would spend hours around the bushes, breaking off the flower, popping the bottom portion off, and sucking the nectar that came out of it, probably destroying some poor bugs' food supply.

I was shopping for candles last week, and I always buy the same one: Votivo - Red Currant. The store was out of Red Currant, so I spent some time sifting through the other scents, and found Honeysuckle. Such a perfect fresh spring and summer scent that reminds me of home.
The great thing about Votivo's candles is that you don't have to burn them for too long to get a great scent from it. Also, the glass cups that they come in become my own glassware once I'm done. When the candle has about 1/4 inch of wax left, put it in the freezer. The next day, take a knife to the wax, and it will pop right out. 


No comments: