5.21.2011

Like it never happened, but it did.

It's been about a week since I finished my 14 day cleanse. I am back to eating my pasta at 11:30 at work, with my glass of wine. No bueno.
I can justify it, because this delicious meal and perfectly paired wine is part of my pay. And, what a beautiful way to end a night of battle.
No, not so beautiful when the glass of white and tajarin, followed by a beer, followed by chocolate cassata, and then a horrid stomach ache this morning.
Last week I was feeling so energetic, healthy, happy. This week, I am being hard on myself for behaving like a stoned 16 year old.
And, don't get me wrong, the ladies that set this cleanse up gave me clear and reasonable guidelines on how to come off the cleanse and eat in a way that I am cleansing all the time. But, I am struggling with the way I look at food. I LOVE food. I always have, always will. I have also been in stages of my life where I really hate food, or more so, the way I eat.
Okay, so where's this happy medium? 80/20? Eating like I was on the cleanse 80% of the time, then giving into my American way of eating 20% of the time - e.g. wings, fries, and seven beers... and some bourbon. I know exactly what to do, but putting it into practice is so challenging.

This is more personal than I intended this blog to be. I am stopping now.

No comments: