7.02.2011

let's try simplicity.

I am on a saving money journey. Boy, is it a journey. Do you remember when I wrote about how beautiful it was to see the woman on the garden tour living within her means? I need to do that, big time. I am saving up for something, that I cannot share at this time, but I will so so soon! And, boy, do I need to SAVE! I don't have too much time either...

Okay, so, let's try simplicity. Let's try to be happy with what we have. Be content. I want to think about what I am spending my money on and be fulfilled with the things around me. 

My biggest expenditure is no doubt about it on food. And drink.
I have really tried to cut down on eating out. That helps a lot. Oh, how I love to eat out. 

Stop.

Right now, saving money is far more important than going out to brunch, lunch, and dinner all in one day (yes, brunch and then lunch). Time to focus on eating healthy, going to yoga, maybe even actually going on a hike (I told myself that I would go on a hike every other week this summer. Yes, it's now July. And, no, I have not gone on one). 

It's about having fun with what you have: trying new outfits with clothes, making new things for lunch before all the veggies go bad, being creative.

Be creative!

No comments: