8.14.2012

smoothie love.


My friends know how obsessed I am with my smoothie. I really do believe this thing keeps me alive and well. I have it every morning... sometimes for dinner too. I just can't get enough. It might not look very appealing, but it tastes great, and it makes you feel amazing.

1 banana (or sub any fruit you like. frozen blueberries are a great option.)
8 oz. hazelnut milk (rice, almond, or any non-dairy milk - oat milk is yummy, when not cleansing**)
1 Tbl. flaxseed meal
1 Tbl. chia seeds or powder
1 tsp. maca powder
(when not cleansing, add 1 Tbl. raw cacao powder**)
1 tsp. raw almond butter
2 small to medium leaves of collard greens, stems removed
ice

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender, until completely smooth.

*If ever the smoothie tastes too "green," I usually do one of the following: add more milk; add a tiny bit of vanilla extract, or if you have them, pure vanilla beans are outrageously good (but, quite pricey); or add more fruit or dates, but that increases the sugar content, which I try to avoid.

No comments: