8.26.2012

Day 14.

Last day of the cleanse. This past week has been tough for me. I have been on some great highs and steep lows. My cravings have been blatantly glaring at me. Empowering myself, I did not give in... even though I want a cup of coffee SO badly. And, even though I was craving anything and everything, I realized that it wasn't about the food at all. The food was simply a comfort for something I felt I was lacking in my life.

So now, the greater challenge begins: how you come off the cleanse. No matter what I decide to eat tomorrow, my relationship with food has changed yet again. I have learned more about my own eating habits, where my vices stem from, and how I can look past certain cravings and see the root. I have been inspired in the kitchen to create different foods. I have been inspired to live a better life... as cheesy or cliche that may sound, it's true. Cleansing allows you to see how rich your life can be. My skin is literally glowing, I've lost weight, I'm sleeping incredibly sound, I have lots of energy, and my mental clarity and senses are stark.

Last year, when I came off the cleanse, I made a huge dinner and downed a bottle of wine... hoping this year, I've grown up a bit. The cleanse has been revised quite a lot, and this time around, coming off has been given just as many guidelines and care, as when you were on it. It's a time where we can test for allergens, which I find super interesting. Since our bodies are so "clean" right now, when we re-introduce the common allergens that we haven't been eating, we can see how our bodies react, and pinpoint what makes us feel great or not so good.

It's a program I highly recommend. It's not about losing weight or depriving yourself; it's about living a vibrant life. Check out Conscious Cleanse.

xo.

No comments: